The other day I had to go to DOH and unfortunately witnessed something so disturbing it was hard to not break down and cry. There was a young 8month pregnant mother, with her 2 yr old daughter in there who began to throw a huge fit. I understand its hard to deal with toddler tantrums, however she took it to far. In front of everyone the mother pulls her childs pants down, rips the pamper and began to beat the little girls bare bottom. My heart broke, the other people waiting were getting upset and the women took the little girl outside. The lady had parked in front where her actions continued and we were still able to see. She started to smack her daughter in the face like she was a dog, threw her in the back seat and continued to smack her bottom and legs. The women sitting next to me decided to go outside and explain to the young mother (that was now smoking, keep in mind she is very pregnant) that this was very wrong. Another person in the waiting room told the front desk lady what was happening and she called the cops. The cops soon came and escorted the young mother away and had the child taken away. The little girl scrame at the top of her little lungs because she didnt understand why they were taking her mommy. She reached out and stretched and yelled over and over again for her mom. It was so heart breaking to watch. I know kids are taken from their homes every day but to have to watch it was super hard.
Kids are so innocent and as they grow and are learning and testing things it can seriously take a toll on the parents patients. But to not even give her unborn child really a chance at a really healthy life by smoking and having high stress in the womb is just unfair. I hope that young mother gets a huge reality check.
4 comments:
I seriously can't watch that stuff, like when it's on tv or anything. Breaks my heart.
That is so disturbing! If they're doing that in public, there's no telling what's happening behind closed doors. Just horrible!
And, your little man is precious!
That is crazy sad. Hunter looks just like you in this picture
That's very sad. I am glad those women stepped in and did something. I hope the little girl gets a better chance at life, or the mother learns how to parent and love. Unfortunately, physical abuse is only one form used against children, there are others the public cannot detect, and those are just as damaging. Hunter is truly loved and precious.
Post a Comment